Date and Time: Thursday, April 1, 9:00am-11:00am EST
Description: This program covers the tax provisions in the recently enacted American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
Learning Objectives: To provide an update of the recent changes affecting individual and business taxes.
- Recovery rebates
- Continuation of COBRA coverage
- Expanded child tax credit
- Expanded earned income credit
- Expanded child and dependent care credit
- Expanded family and sick leave credits
- Miscellaneous other individual provisions
- Employee retention credit changes
- PPP loan expansion for non-profits
- Expanded economic disaster injury loan grants (EIDL)
- Expanded restaurant industry grants
- Taxability and deductibility of SBA grants
- Miscellaneous other business provisions
Who should attend: CPAs in public practice and industry seeking an update on the latest tax developments affecting tax practice.
Program Level: Intermediate
Developed By: Federal Tax Workshops, Inc
Instructor: Steven C. Dilley, CPA, JD, PhD
CPE Credit: 2
Field of Study: Taxes
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of individual and business taxation.
Advanced Preparation: None
Steven C. Dilley, CPA, JD, PhD
Steve is President of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., where for over 40 years, he has developed and presented continuing education seminars and webinars on tax, accounting and ethics topics for accountants and attorneys throughout the country. He is nationally known for his knowledge of the financial, accounting, and tax problems of the closely held business and has published numerous articles on these topics.
In addition, Steve is a Professor Emeritus of Accounting at Michigan State University, East Lansing, where he taught tax accounting. He has been received the “Distinguished Achievement in Accounting Education Award” in Michigan, as well as the MSU Accounting and Information Systems Department Outstanding Teacher Award.