Date and Time: Wednesday, September 8, 10:00 am – 11:50 am EST
Description: This presentation highlights the latest legislative changes affecting depreciation and capitalization rules, including 2021 inflation increases and Section 179 and 168(k) deductions. Planning and potential pitfalls will also be presented.
- Identify the latest legislation and regulations regarding depreciation and capitalizing business assets.
- Recent tax legislation, rules, and developments related to capitalization and depreciation
- Section 179 qualified
- Section 168(k) 100 percent bonus deduction
- Depreciation of automobiles, including new luxury auto limits
- ADS depreciation for electing farm and real estate business
- Update on recent developments
Who should attend: CPAs in public practice and members in industry seeking a better understanding of the ever-changing depreciation rules.
Program Level: Intermediate
Developed By: Van Der Aa Tax Ed, LLC
Instructor: Douglas J. Van Der Aa
CPE Credit: 2
Field of Study: Taxation
Prerequisites: Basic working knowledge of tax depreciation.
Advanced Preparation: None
Douglas J. Van Der Aa, CPA, JD
Doug is a lively and energetic speaker – especially on the subject of taxes and ethics. He has been a highly rated speaker and seminar leader for CPA Associations and other organizations throughout the country for more than 20 years.
Doug has over 25 years of professional experience, including tax practice in CPA firms and the practice of transactional business and real estate law as an attorney. As a CPA, Doug’s practice concentrated on the tax needs of closely held businesses, with their related pass-through entities, complex individual returns, estates and trusts.