Date and Time: December 1 and 2 (8:00 am – 11:50 am EST each day)
Description: This course will address the most recent tax legislation, rulings and developments occuring in 2020-21, including the March, 2021, American Rescue Plan Act and other developments that will impact both your individual and business clients. The course is designed to prepare the practitioner for the upcoming tax season and provide useful strategies to assist in the tax preparation process.
- Implement practical strategies based on recent developments
- Understand changes in 2021 tax forms
- Define key compliance issues
- 2020-21 legilsative, judicial and IRS developments impacting both individuals and businesses
- Update on American Rescue Plan Act and other COVID-19 related tax developments
- New rules on reporting meals, entertainment and travel expenses
- Partnership and S Corporation developments
- Depreciation update
- Proposed late 2021 legislation review
Who should attend: Practitioners and members in industry seeking an update on the latest tax rulings and developments impacting individual and business taxpayers.
Program Level: Intermediate
Developed By: Van Der Aa Tax Ed, LLC
Instructor: Douglas J. Van Der Aa
CPE Credit: 8 (4 hours each day)
Field of Study: Taxation
Prerequisites: Basic working knowledge of individual and business taxation.
Advanced Preparation: None
Douglas J. Van Der Aa, CPA, JD
Doug is a lively and energetic speaker – especially on the subject of taxes and ethics. He has been a highly rated speaker and seminar leader for CPA Associations and other organizations throughout the country for more than 20 years.
Doug has over 25 years of professional experience, including tax practice in CPA firms and the practice of transactional business and real estate law as an attorney. As a CPA, Doug’s practice concentrated on the tax needs of closely held businesses, with their related pass-through entities, complex individual returns, estates and trusts.