Date and Time: Wednesday, August 18, 10:00 am – 11:50 am EST
Description: The IRS has made some game-changing updates on reporting partnership basis. This course examines critical issues and special opportunities facing partnerships and their partners, as well as the relationship between LLCs and partnerships.
- Define the tax consequences and various liabilities for both partnerships and LLCs
- Discuss the impact of Section 199A deduction on partnerships
- Apply planning opportunities and potential pitfalls
- Recent tax legislation, rulings, and developments impacting partnerships and LLCs
- Form 1065 Schedule K-1 reporting
- The impact of Section 199A deduction on partnerships and LLCs
- New partnership audit rules
Who should attend: Practitioners with partnership clients and those seeking knowledge on the new basis reporting rules for partnerships.
Program Level: Intermediate
Developed By: Van Der Aa Tax Ed, LLC
Instructor: Douglas J. Van Der Aa
CPE Credit: 2
Field of Study: Taxation
Prerequisites: Basic working knowledge of partnership taxation.
Advanced Preparation: None
Douglas J. Van Der Aa, CPA, JD
Doug is a lively and energetic speaker – especially on the subject of taxes and ethics. He has been a highly rated speaker and seminar leader for CPA Associations and other organizations throughout the country for more than 20 years.
Doug has over 25 years of professional experience, including tax practice in CPA firms and the practice of transactional business and real estate law as an attorney. As a CPA, Doug’s practice concentrated on the tax needs of closely held businesses, with their related pass-through entities, complex individual returns, estates and trusts.