Date and Time: Thursday, August 19, 10:00 am – 11:50 am EST
Description: This program addresses the critical issues and special opportunities facing S-corporations, with a focus on any new IRS guidelines on shareholder reporting. The impact of recent legislation on the tax structure of S and C corporations will be addressed, as well as the significant impact of the new Section 199A deduction on S corporations.
- Apply the latest tax rules and regulations of S corporations
- Discuss the new Section 199A rules and regulations and how their significant impact S corporations
- Distinguish and define complex S corporation issues
- Recent tax legislation, rulings, and developments impacting S corporations
- Form 1120S Schedule K-1 reporting
- Guide to applying the new Section 199A deduction
- Filing deadlines and extensions
Who should attend: Practitioners with S corporation clients and members in industry working for an S corporation, or those seeking and update on the most recent S corporation tax and reporting issues.
Program Level: Intermediate
Developed By: Van Der Aa Tax Ed, LLC
Instructor: Douglas J. Van Der Aa
CPE Credit: 2
Field of Study: Taxation
Prerequisites: Basic working knowledge of S corporation taxation.
Advanced Preparation: None
Douglas J. Van Der Aa, CPA, JD
Doug is a lively and energetic speaker – especially on the subject of taxes and ethics. He has been a highly rated speaker and seminar leader for CPA Associations and other organizations throughout the country for more than 20 years.
Doug has over 25 years of professional experience, including tax practice in CPA firms and the practice of transactional business and real estate law as an attorney. As a CPA, Doug’s practice concentrated on the tax needs of closely held businesses, with their related pass-through entities, complex individual returns, estates and trusts.