Date and Time: Monday, January 17, 12:00 pm – 1:50 pm EST
Description: This presentation will provide a detailed analysis of the Circular 230 rules for conduct of a tax practice, with a review of the political, legislative and regulatory rules impacting every accounting and tax professional. Best practices and guidance provided by the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct will be discussed.
- Apply professional guidance to professionals in public practice accounting
- Identify key Circular 230 issues
- Identify best practices
- Circular 230 (IRS) rules for conducting a “best” tax practice
- How to avoid tax return preparation penalties
- Recent developments impacting today’s tax practice
- Review of tax return preparer’s registration rules
- Explanation of the revised AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Contingent fees
Who should attend: CPAs in public practice and members in industry.
Program Level: Basic
Developed By: Van Der Aa Tax Ed, LLCc
Instructor: Douglas J. Van Der Aa
CPE Credit: 2
Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics
Advanced Preparation: None
Douglas J. Van Der Aa, CPA, JD
Doug is a lively and energetic speaker – especially on the subject of taxes and ethics. He has been a highly rated speaker and seminar leader for CPA Associations and other organizations throughout the country for more than 20 years.
Doug has over 25 years of professional experience, including tax practice in CPA firms and the practice of transactional business and real estate law as an attorney. As a CPA, Doug’s practice concentrated on the tax needs of closely held businesses, with their related pass-through entities, complex individual returns, estates and trusts.